In Richmond on November 15th the Pirates lost to the Spiders, 68-58.
An item of note about these two teams: Last year, Hampton lost 72-51.
Richmond controlled the game maintaining a statistical advantage in three pointers and assists.
Richmond added 18 points in threes and used that to blow by Hampton, who managed 12 points from three-point range. Richmond shared the ball and registered 12 assists to eight for Hampton.
Dwight Meikle led the losing effort for the Pirates with 14 points on 50% shooting in 32 minutes. Meikle also added a game-high 10 rebounds.
We obviously don't want to see Hampton start the season with any losses. It will be important for the team to turn it around quickly. The Pirates are now 0-2.
The next game coming up is with Ohio on the road on November 20th.
- Dwight Meikle accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Hampton started 0-2 during the 2009, 2005, 1999, 1998, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Dwight Meikle recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- The top two scorers (Dwight Meikle and Deron Powers) accounted for 41.3% of the points.
Richmond Game Notes:
- The top two scorers (Darien Brothers and Kendall Anthony) accounted for 44.1% of the points.
- Darien Brothers has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Darien Brothers has led the team in scoring 3 times in 3 games this season.
- Kendall Anthony has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Dwight Meikle